Thursday, March 18, 2010

Saint Patty's Day - The Social Table

Every Year on St. Patrick's Day, I ask, "Can I still wear green even though I'm not Irish?"  And what I love about the great ole' USofA is- why the heck not!  We're a melting pot!  Now if only I can my boss to give me the Jewish holidays off even though I am Catholic --Yeah, not happening, LOL...So this Asian girl was wearing Green and of course, I brought my green clippy to match.  I'm McEllaBella or O'EllaBella for St. Patty's Day, LOL...and to melt this pot even further, we had a French bistro dinner!  Where may you ask?  Well,  THE SOCIAL TABLE , it's a cooking class/ dinner where you get together at a table in a beautiful gourmet kitchen with a professional Chef teaching you how to make a sumptuous meal.  Basically, you cook, eat, drink and laugh!  Our class was hosted by founder and owner of the Social Table, Rebecca Goldfarb.  Rebecca was absolutely amazing...She's an Art history major turned Culinary Chef from Le Cordon Bleu (SF)!!  Rebecca had the night filled with smiles and great food!!!  Her lively attitude and humorous ways was so delightful which definately broke the ice for all of us since we were in a small and intimate setting.  The class only allows for 6-8 people or 3-4 couples.  So, you basically get to know each other fast!  We had such a nice crowd--and, she got my husband to COOK!!!  We had the best time and will definately be back for more dinners!  And of course, we loved Rebecca too.  I mean what's not to love about a woman who guotes Julia Child on her website, LOL and it doesn't hurt that she's a So Cal native like my husband.  All in all, going to that class was one of the best nights we've had in a long time.   It's BYOB, but for me, as you know I am cutting calories-- it was BYOCZ- bring your own coke zero ( I know, it doesn't make sense when I'll be devouring butter, cream and chocolate)... But, it's the sentiment of dieting that counts right?  ;-)  I still snuck in a glass of Reisling...

Anways, the menu was outrageous.  We made Classic Ratatouille, Chicken with Carmelized Onions & Cognac Cream Sauce, Gruyere Mash Potatoes Gratin and finally, (drum roll, please)  Pots de Creme!!!!  I had no idea what that was.  But let me tell you, this is one dessert everyone has to try and its sooo easy to make.  It's this rich, creamy, chocolatey, bowl of oh so delicious-ness topped with fresh whipped cream!!!  (So for my next dinner party with friends, and you know who you are, this is your menu!!!)  My picture didn't come out great, but it was a sight for sore eyes...For all you chocolate lovers out there, its a must have dessert!  It's Pots de Chocolat Ciel!!  (sorry, I took Spanish in College, not French, so if I get the translation wrong, ooops!!!)  Here are some pics of our great night! Kudos to The Social Table!  Check out Rebecca's website and different menus! 

Thanks, Rebecca!!!  I'm coming back hungrier this time...next class- From the Sea...



Pots De Creme!!
( This picture doesn't do it justice!!!)

1 comment:

Shop Cutie Pies Contact Us Cart